Derian House Children’s Hospice has beaten thousands of nominees to be named a finalist in the 2019 JustGiving Charity of the Year Awards.

The charity, based in Chorley, Lancashire, provides respite and end-of-life care for more than 400 children across the North West of England, as well as their familes.

When families come to Derian House, the staff take away the medical side of the care, giving them chance to spend quality time together making lasting memories.

Despite the nature of the work it does, Derian House is not a sad place; its corridors are filled with laughter, as children make the most of facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, inclusive playground where children who use wheelchairs can play with their siblings, and music therapy.

The hospice is currently undergoing a major refurbishment, and from autumn 2019 families will also be able to use a brand new cinema, huge sensory room, messy play area and state-of-the-art technology.

When a child is seriously ill it affects the whole family. Derian House provides help to parents, grandparents and siblings too, with support groups, day trips and even complementary therapy to give them a much-needed rest.  When the time comes, Derian House offers bereavement support and counselling sessions for as long as they are needed.

The charity, which celebrated its 25th anniversary last year, needs more than £4 million every year to keep its doors open. Less than 10 per cent of this comes from government funding. For the remaining 90 per cent it relies on the generosity of its supporters.

David Robinson, Chief Executive at Derian House Children’s Hospice, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have been named finalists in the JustGiving Charity of the Year Awards.

“At Derian House, it is our mission to help children and young people, whose lives are too short, to make happy memories in an environment of fun, respect and high quality care.

“I would urge everybody to vote for us. To win this award would help us tell more people about the great work we do, and enable us to make a real difference to our children and their families.”

To vote for Derian House to win JustGiving Charity of the Year Award please visit: https://awards.justgiving.com/cotyfinalists/?fbclid=IwAR2_ROUFW4Ql2qlKyflOMgNmum-MbUzqPKY2zfzC3UhYhInJTiM4h6iMSYI

Voting closes at midnight on Sunday 15th September. To fundraise or donate to the charity please visit their JustGiving page at https://www.justgiving.com/derianhouse

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Derian House Children's Hospice finalists in 2019 JustGiving Awards

Share This Article

Derian House Children’s Hospice has beaten thousands of nominees to be named a finalist in the 2019 JustGiving Charity of the Year Awards.

The charity, based in Chorley, Lancashire, provides respite and end-of-life care for more than 400 children across the North West of England, as well as their familes.

When families come to Derian House, the staff take away the medical side of the care, giving them chance to spend quality time together making lasting memories.

Despite the nature of the work it does, Derian House is not a sad place; its corridors are filled with laughter, as children make the most of facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, inclusive playground where children who use wheelchairs can play with their siblings, and music therapy.

The hospice is currently undergoing a major refurbishment, and from autumn 2019 families will also be able to use a brand new cinema, huge sensory room, messy play area and state-of-the-art technology.

When a child is seriously ill it affects the whole family. Derian House provides help to parents, grandparents and siblings too, with support groups, day trips and even complementary therapy to give them a much-needed rest.  When the time comes, Derian House offers bereavement support and counselling sessions for as long as they are needed.

The charity, which celebrated its 25th anniversary last year, needs more than £4 million every year to keep its doors open. Less than 10 per cent of this comes from government funding. For the remaining 90 per cent it relies on the generosity of its supporters.

David Robinson, Chief Executive at Derian House Children’s Hospice, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have been named finalists in the JustGiving Charity of the Year Awards.

“At Derian House, it is our mission to help children and young people, whose lives are too short, to make happy memories in an environment of fun, respect and high quality care.

“I would urge everybody to vote for us. To win this award would help us tell more people about the great work we do, and enable us to make a real difference to our children and their families.”

To vote for Derian House to win JustGiving Charity of the Year Award please visit: https://awards.justgiving.com/cotyfinalists/?fbclid=IwAR2_ROUFW4Ql2qlKyflOMgNmum-MbUzqPKY2zfzC3UhYhInJTiM4h6iMSYI

Voting closes at midnight on Sunday 15th September. To fundraise or donate to the charity please visit their JustGiving page at https://www.justgiving.com/derianhouse