Morecambe Bay Walk
25 June 2022
Let’s hit the Bay!
In 2022 we are once again guiding supporters of Derian House Children’s Hospice across Morecambe Bay to raise funds for our children and families. Starting off in Arnside, our Guide to the sands Michael Wilson will lead our party to the picturesque village of Grange-over-Sands. This 7 mile walk can be challenging so expect various weather conditions and maybe even a 50 meter wade through water up to 2ft in depth. You should be prepared, this is a typical list of things to bring along on the day.
- Personal medication, including blister relief
- Charged mobile phone
- Sun cream (sand, sun and sea can be a fierce combination)
- Liquid refreshment. There are no toilets on the crossing, so consider your needs.
- Energy snacks/lunch
- A hat (a peak will protect your eyes)
- Sunglasses, if appropriate
- Breathable lightweight clothing, a waterproof and a few extra layers if you feel the cold
Entry for our Morecambe Bay walk is totally free – all we ask is that you raise a minimum of £50 for our children and families via JustGiving. For more information and to register fill in the below form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. See you on the sands!