In 2010 we opened The Lodge, a four-bed unit especially for our 16 to 25-year-olds to support their transition into adult services. The cool design and relaxed atmosphere give our young people more freedom so they can spend their time as they choose. The Lodge gives our young adults more independence, privacy and a chance to make friends.
- One to One Sessions
- Danni’s Club (a group for children ages 8 -13 to meet up and have fun)/strong>
- Age appropriate respite care including activity weekends, art/music workshops, beauty weekends, music therapy, pet therapy, movie/race nights, trips out to the cinema, pub, shopping, football matches, theatre and much more
- Support and advice around transition to adult services
- Attend clinic/outpatients appointments acting as the young person’s advocate if required
- Liaise with other professionals involved in the young person’s care to ensure a holistic, multi agency, fully informed approach
- Physiotherapy – either at home or at the Lodge
- Emergency respite – we will aim to accommodate emergency respite requests e.g. for parent/carer illness, home adaptations etc and these can be discussed on an individual basis
- Symptom control
- End of life care
- Bereavement support
- Family Support
Take a Tour of Derian House
We’ve recently completed a million-pound refurbishment of our hospice, giving us some of the best facilities in the country. Come and take a peek at our new cinema, PlayZone and state-of-the-art sensory room…
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Sensory Room
- Messy PlayZone
- Derian at the Movies
- Smile Park
Keep informed by signing up to
What Our Families Say...
The most perfect place for peace and support at such a difficult time when losing a son and grandson.
The stuff that goes on behind those doors is heart-warming.
What an amazing place full of amazing people!
We are very grateful to be a part of the Derian family.
We cannot thank you enough for looking after us all through the toughest time.
Thank you for helping us make memories with our little girl that we will treasure forever.
We will be forever grateful.
Follow us on Instagram