This page was last update on 8/07/21
Our contact details
Name: Derian House Children’s Hospice
Address: Chancery Lane, Astley Village, Chorley, PR7 1DH
Phone Number:01257 233300
Derian House Children’s Hospice controls and processes data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Donors and third party fundraisers including prize draw, lottery and raffle players:
- Phone Number/Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Amount donated
For children, young people and families who we provide services to we will collect and process:
- Phone Number/Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Health information to provide you with care which also includes Sensitive Personal Data which will include your racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, physical or mental health and sexual life.
- Voice and images to provide you with additional services including play activities and emotional support
Visitors to Shops and the Hospice
We also record and store video images from our CCTV installed at our premises.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, data protection law also means that we can only use your data for certain reasons and where we have a legal basis to do so this is shown in green:
- Provision of hospice care including emotional and bereavement support including referral by third parties
- Legal Basis – Consent, Vital Interest, Contractual Obligation
- To donate money or goods to Derian House Children’s Hospice
- Legal Basis -Consent Legitimate Interest
- To take part in an event organised by Derian House Children’s Hospice or through a third party
- Legal Basis – Consent, Legitimate Interest
- When you play the Derian House Childrens Hospice Prize Draw, Lottery or Raffle.
- Legal Basis – Consent Contractual Obligation
- Legal Basis – Consent
- When you attend any of our premises we will record images on our close circuit television system for the security of you, our staff, volunteers and our families.
- Legal Basis Legitimate Interest
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Provide Hospice care to you
- Meet our contractual obligations with NHS England, Clinical Commissioners, Integrated Care Systems and anyone who we have contracts with to provide you with a service
- Report information about you anonymously to our Commissioners in line with our contractual services
- Use case studies to promote the Hospice with your explicit consent
Donors to the Hospice and Fundraisers
- To process your donations and to keep you informed of how your donations have helped the hospice as we have a legitimate interest in keeping you up to date
- To see how well our communications fit in with your interests and to send you information which would appeal to you in line with other information which you may have shared with other data controllers where you have provided consent to them for this processing. This will be strictly in relation to the hospice, we will never sell your information with third parties to market to you
- To claim Gift Aid when you donate goods for resale in our charity shops
Lottery/Prize Draw/Raffle Players
- To process your entry to the lottery, prize draw or raffle and to administer and maintain your account
- To ensure we can contact you if you win or if we have an administrative issue with your account
- To process your donations and to keep you informed of how your donations have helped the hospice
- To see how well our communications fit in with your interests and to send you information which would appeal to you in line with other information which you may have shared with other data controllers and where you have provided consent to this processing
CCTV Images are collated and stored to protect you, our families, staff and volunteers. The system is owned, operated and managed by Derian House Children’s Hospice. We use close circuit television for maintaining public safety, the security of Derian House Children’s Hospice property and premises and for the detection, prevention and the investigating of crime with statutory bodies.
We may share your information with:
- The NHS and the organisations which form part of the NHS
- Local Authorities
- Where we have a legal obligation to share your information
- Where we need to share your information to provide you with safe care
Donors to the Hospice, Hospice Shops and Fundraisers
- Marketing and Advertising Consultancies to provide you with tailored information about the Hospice.
Lottery/Prize Draw/Raffle Players
- Lottery and Prize Drawer providers
- Marketing and Advertising Consultancies
- For CCTV images – Disclosure of recorded material will only be made to third parties in accordance with the purposes of the system and in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- Access to view recorded images is restricted to key individuals.
We may collect and store all of this information in electronic or paper format.
How we store your personal information
Your data maybe held in electronic or paper format or held in the “Cloud”.
Your information is securely stored and is backed up on a regular basis. We ensure that any third parties who process your data adhere to strict rules about where they store, share and delete that information. We always assess the risk to your privacy before sharing information with a third party.
We have a documentation retention schedule which sets out how long we keep all of the information at Derian House Children’s Hospice. We will then dispose your information ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: Derian House Children’s Hospice, Chancery Lane, Astley Village, Chorley, PR7 1DH.
By Phone: 01257 233300
You can also update your contact preferences by completing this form here (https://www.derianhouse.co.uk/updating-contact-preferences/ )
Changes to this Policy
Selling Your Information
Derian House Children’s Hospice is committed to protecting your information. We will never sell your information to third parties.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com .
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Keep informed by signing up to
What Our Families Say...
The most perfect place for peace and support at such a difficult time when losing a son and grandson.
The stuff that goes on behind those doors is heart-warming.
What an amazing place full of amazing people!
We are very grateful to be a part of the Derian family.
We cannot thank you enough for looking after us all through the toughest time.
Thank you for helping us make memories with our little girl that we will treasure forever.
We will be forever grateful.