Derian House Children’s Hospice provides respite and end-of-life care for children and young people with life-limiting conditions, across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
Our respite breaks give families a chance to re-charge their batteries, or simply spend time together as a family without worrying about the medical side of their child’s care.
When it comes to end-of-life care, our aim is to make the most difficult time a family will have to go through the best it can be, whether this is at Derian House or at home.
We cannot change a diagnosis, but our experienced team of palliative care nurses can offer support, comfort, reassurance, and instil a sense of calm. We are always on-call, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Every Year We Provide...
- Care for more than 400 children and young people
- 2,200 nights of respite care
- 100 nights of care in our Sunflower Rooms where children can rest before their funeral
- 35 hours of music therapy
- 250 hours of weekly clubs during school holidays
- Day trips for more than 35 young people and their siblings
- 1,500 hours of day care
- 450 hours of pool fun in hydrotherapy and family splash sessions
- 800 hours of family-supervised play visits
- 1,100 Derian at Home visits from our ‘hospice at home’ team
- 190 sessions of bereavement counselling
Take a Tour of Derian House
We’ve recently completed a million-pound refurbishment of our hospice, giving us some of the best facilities in the country. Come and take a peek at our new cinema, PlayZone and state-of-the-art sensory room…
- Hydrotherapy Pool
- Sensory Room
- Messy PlayZone
- Derian at the Movies
- Smile Park
Keep informed by signing up to
What Our Families Say...
The most perfect place for peace and support at such a difficult time when losing a son and grandson.
The stuff that goes on behind those doors is heart-warming.
What an amazing place full of amazing people!
We are very grateful to be a part of the Derian family.
We cannot thank you enough for looking after us all through the toughest time.
Thank you for helping us make memories with our little girl that we will treasure forever.
We will be forever grateful.
Follow us on Instagram